One of the ways we get to know one another and form bonds of friendship is by learning things about another person. Though shared experiences teach you things about the people in your life, you can also take time to pry into their thoughts and feelings by asking questions. There are plenty of questions to ask a friend if you want to learn more about him or her. Some questions are perfect for new friendships, when you are just getting to know someone. Other questions are better suited for those who have been friends for many years. You might think you know each other inside and out, but there are always knew things to learn. In many cases, these questions to ask a friend will get her thinking about her own likes, dislikes, and positions on issues. If you want to get to know someone better or rekindle a friendship that has grown tired and bored, focus on thought-provoking questions that get conversations flowing.
Questions to Ask Friends
Getting to know a friend better strengthens your friendship bond. If you are in a group of friends, it can be a lot of fun to
ask questions. You can make a game of it or just ask questions as they spring to mind. Usually, when you ask fun questions in a group, things get silly and a lot of laughs are shared. The next time you are hanging out with friends or attending a party, consider these questions to ask friends:
- Who is your favorite celebrity couple?
- Would you rather be rich or famous?
- If you could choose one person from the group to have around during a crisis, who would it be?
- Who among the group is most likely to win a Nobel Prize? For what?
- If you had to swap lives with someone in the group, who would you choose?
Funny Questions to Ask Friends
When friends are gathered in a group, there is usually a lot of laughter and fun, no matter what kind of questions are asked. Even serious questions can turn into jokes if a group of people is close and comfortable with one another. You can also make sure the group has fun by asking funny questions. These questions are designed to make people laugh and loosen up in social situations. If you want to get a group of people laughing, consider the following funny questions to ask friends:
- What’s the most embarrassing thing that has ever happened to you?
- What’s the craziest thing you have ever eaten?
- If you were to turn into an animal, which animal would you choose?
- Do you have an embarrassing celebrity crush?
- What’s the funniest story you have ever heard about someone else?
Good Questions to Ask Friends
One of the purposes of getting together with friends is to reflect on shared experiences and enjoy one another’s company. Sometimes if friends spend too much time together, things get boring. You can loosen things up and make them fun again by asking questions about past experiences. Usually, these questions prompt conversations about shared memories and fun you have had together. Here are some good questions to ask friends if you want to reflect on the fun times in your relationship:
- What is your favorite memory we have shared?
- What do you think is the craziest thing we’ve done together?
- Did you ever think we would stop being friends?
- What is the funniest thing you have seen me do?
- What is the one moment you would want to relive again and again during our friendship?
Interesting Questions to Ask Friends
No matter how long you have known someone, there are always new things to find out about a person. Though some things will come to light through general conversations and experiences, you can also learn a lot by asking questions. Some interesting questions to ask friends if you want to get to know them better:
- What religion would you choose if you could not choose your current one?
- What do you consider your personal “hot-button” political issue?
- What is your greatest fear?
- What do you think would solve the world’s problems?
- How do you think the world will look in 100 years?
These questions can lead to intense conversations, so before you begin talking, you might want to agree not to argue. If you are friends with people who have very different views than your own, agree to just accept one another’s answers without debate. If you do choose to debate any issues, you should still set ground rules in advance. The purpose of asking interesting questions to friends is not to argue, but to get to know one another better.
Random Questions to Ask Friends
Sometimes the best questions are completely random. They might be things you think you know about a friend, but their answers might surprise you. Learning this information about your friends will not dramatically change your relationship, but the answers might still be interesting. Some of the best random questions to ask friends include:
- What is your favorite ice cream flavor?
- What is your favorite song?
- What was your favorite memory as a child?
- What adventure activity would you most want to do?
- What is your favorite animal?
Fun Questions to Ask Friends
Fun questions sometimes lead to laughs, but might also help you see your friend in a different way. Fun questions should be light-hearted and not cause any debate or lead to any intense discussion. Fun questions to ask friends are merely a way to get to know someone a little better and prompt conversation about everyday issues and occurrences. Fun questions include:
- What was your favorite toy as a child?
- What would you like to get for your birthday?
- What is your biggest pet peeve?
- What do you order when you dine at your favorite restaurant?
- What kind of pajamas do you wear to bed?
Questions to Ask Your Best Friend
Usually, by the time you consider someone your best friend, you know a lot about him or her. You have likely been friends for many years and have shared many experiences. You know many of each other’s deep, dark secrets, and might even be close enough to finish one another’s sentences. Surprisingly enough, there are probably some things you still do not know about your best friend. If you want to start a fun conversation with your best friend, consider a few of the following questions:
- What is your favorite part of being friends with me?
- Who would be your best friend if it weren’t for me?
- What is the one thing you want to do together before we die?
- If we were going to participate in a significant event in history, what would it have been?
- If you could give me any gift in the world, what would it be?
Questions to Ask a New Friend
When you are just getting to know someone there are plenty of questions you can ask. You need to respect a new friend’s boundaries though, so if you sense he or she is not responsive, stick to generic, basic questions. Some people do not like to reveal too much of their personal life too soon. If you are getting to know someone who is private, consider these basic questions to ask a new friend:
- What do you like most about your job?
- Where do you like to go on vacation?
- What is your favorite thing about living in your current location?
- What are your hobbies?
- What do you do for entertainment?
Fun Sex Questions to Ask Your Friends
As personal as it may seem, some groups of friends are open enough with one another to share personal secrets about their sex lives. It is important for everyone to feel comfortable enough in a group to talk about taboo issues, but as long as everyone is willing, conversations about sex can be very funny. When asking your friends sex questions, be sensitive to their feelings and try not to judge their answers. Everyone is different and the purpose of sharing personal information is to form a tighter bond and make everyone feel at ease in a group. Some fun sex questions to ask your friends include:
- What is the craziest place you have ever had sex?
- Of the people you have kissed, who was the best?
- What is the most arousing thing a person can do?
- Who is on your celebrity cheat list?
- What one fantasy would you choose to make come true if there were no limitations on people, time, money, or anything else?
Questions to Ask a Friend When Bored
One of the best ways to alleviate boredom is by sparking an interesting conversation. Many times, questions are asked purely out of boredom. When there is nothing better to do, your mind wanders and you get curious about things. The next time you and a friend are bored, consider the following questions:
- What food would you never be willing to eat?
- If you could hang out with a historical figure, who would you choose?
- Would you rather have lived your mother or father’s life?
- If we swapped places for a single day, what is the first thing you would do?
- What is one thing you would change about your body if you could?
Asking questions serves many purposes. When you are asking questions in social situations, the experience can be a great deal of fun. Whether you are trying to loosen up a group of people at a party or social event, or you are alone with a close friend and curious about their thoughts and feelings, these questions to ask friends can lead to great conversations that will deepen your shared bond.